Frequently Asked Questions
What are the bean bags made from?
The Outdoor Beanbag Company manufactures quality bean bags using Sunbrella® fabric and Fil-Tec® thread - giving you the confidence you are purchasing a product designed to last. Sunbrella is resilient to sun, rain and salt water, and being woven it breathes and doesn’t trap moisture plus it has a 5 year limited warranty.
Product guarantee - 100% money back guarantee.
The Sunbrella® fabric used to make our bean bags has a 5 year limited warranty which protects against the fabric becoming unserviceable due to colour or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions.
The Outdoor Bean Bag Company offers a 100% money back guarantee - if you don't like the bean bag send it back no questions asked. All returns must be in their original condition including all labels, protective packaging and returned within seven days of having received the goods. All we ask is that you cover the return freight costs.
Do the bean bags have a inner liner?
No - the beans move more freely in a bean bag without an inner liner giving maximum comfort. The bean bags may be cleaned without emptying, refer to the care instructions below.
What type of closure do the bean bags have?
Our beanbags are made with a heavy-weight 50mm Velcro closure. This is more comfortable and durable than a zipper. It will not break or come open accidentally.
What size are the bean bags and how many beans are required?
- Extra Large - 1200mm x 1000mm x 700mm - 380L Beans
- Large - 1000mm x 900mm x 620mm - 280L Beans
Pet Bean Bags
- Small (cat or miniature dog) - 600mm x 500mm x 140mm - 40L Beans
- Medium (small dog e.g. terrier) - 750mm x 600mm x 160mm - 70L Beans
- Large (medium dog e.g. labrador) - 1000mm x 800mm x 160mm - 130L Beans
What size should I buy?
The bean bag dimensions are shown above. Most customers order the extra large size however the large size is suitable for the average adult and is recommended in smaller areas.
How resiliant are the bean bags?
Our bean bags are made from Marine Grade Sunbrella® fabric and Fil-Tec® thread. Sunbrella® is an acrylic solution dyed woven canvas that doesn't trap moisture plus it has a 5 year warranty against fading. The fabric has a soft cotton feel. For increased strength and water resistance the seams are bound with acrylic binding. Regular care, wiping spills and removing debris such as leaves, will ensure years of use.
How do I fill the bean bags?
- Where possible purchase the polystyrene beans in small bags.
- Open the Velcro closure at the bottom of the bean bag.
- Get a second person to hold the bean bag open.
- Place the bag of polystyrene beans inside the bean bag if possible, if not tip the polystyrene beans into the bean bag.
- Fill the bag until it is about 2/3 full.
- Close the Velcro closure by holding the two ends, (one in each hand) and pulling your hands away from each other to “snap” the Velcro shut.
- Place the Velcro strip between the palms of your hands and apply as much pressure as possible to the Velcro strip and check the closure is completely flat.
- Test the bean bag for comfort.
- Add or subtract polystyrene beans as necessary - take the time to get it right; a few beans can make a big difference.
How much is shipping?
Free for orders over $300 in NZ and $800 in AUS.
Flat rate of $10 in NZ and $20 in AUS for ordes under the above amounts. For more information see Shipping.
What is the delivery time?
Our bean bags are made to order and are dispatched within 5 working days of ordering by tack and trace courier. Delivery is 2-3 days (NZ) and 3-5 days (AUS) depending on location.
Can the bean bags be left outside permanently?
Yes, however to get the longest possible life from the bean bag we recommend you store then under cover when not in use over the winter or use them inside. The bean bags must be kept free from debris and aired occasionally.
How are the bean bags cleaned and cared for?
- Regular cleaning will ensure years of comfort and style.
- Sunbrella® fabric does not promote mildew growth, however mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric.
- Keep bean bags free from debris e.g. leaves.
- Wipe spills immediately.
- Store bean bags under cover in winter when not in use or use them inside.
- Brush off lose dirt.
- Use mild soapy lukewarm (<38°C) water.
- Use a sponge or soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Allow fabric to air dry.
- Do NOT used bleach.
- After thorough cleaning or extended use, use 303 High Tech Fabric Guard™.
- May be machine washed, but recommend regular care and spot cleaning first.
- Wash in cold water (less than 100°F/38°C). Depending on wash load size, use normal amounts of mild laundry soap. Allow fabric to air dry.